Ann K. Dilcher, AIA, LEED AP, a principal with Quinn Evans Architects, has been named to the company’s board of directors. A respected leader within the historic preservation community, Dilcher joined Quinn Evans Architects in 1997 and has overseen major preservation, rehabilitation, and adaptive use projects throughout Michigan.
Dilcher’s portfolio features several landmark projects, including the restoration of the Bay City City Hall, the design of the new Davidson-Gearson Modern Glass Gallery within historic space at The Henry Ford’s Greenfield Village, and a comprehensive modernization of the circa-1906 Howell Carnegie District Library in Howell. Currently, she is directing expansion and renovation projects for the Allegan District Library in Allegan and the Glen Lake Community Library in Empire. Dilcher is also overseeing the design of the new North branch of the Clinton-Macomb Public Library in Macomb Township.
Ann has been an advocate and champion for historic preservation throughout her career. She is a valuable resource to our clients, understanding both the technical demands and the economics behind the viable reuse of historic properties. Her work has contributed to the restoration of landmark buildings and the renewal of aging communities.
Larry Barr, FAIA
Quinn Evans Architects
Dilcher holds a master’s degree in architecture from Texas A&M University (1996) with a certificate in historic preservation, and a bachelor’s degree in art history and economics from Georgetown University (1991). She is a member of the American Institute of Architects (AIA), the Association for Preservation Technology International (APTI), the APT Eastern Great Lakes Chapter, the American Library Association, the Library Leadership and Management Association, and the Michigan Historic Preservation Network.