In the last decade, Alexis has been happy to see sustainability in architecture evolve from simply LEED certifications to a strong focus on improving building performance with energy efficient designs. She loves to find the often-overlooked overlap between sustainable design and historic preservation, as well as the renewed purpose and elegance for existing buildings. She enjoys digging deep to research existing conditions and subsequently being able to craft updated solutions. In her work on the Henry Ford Estate, she was able to make important discoveries from the corner of an old photograph.
- Cornell University, Bachelor of Arts in Architecture, 2004
- Cornell University, Cornell-in-Rome Architecture Program, 2003
- American Institute of Architects
- U.S. Green Building Council, Detroit Regional Chapter
- National Trust for Historic Places