John’s specialty is analyzing and preserving historical materials and details. Building envelopes, particularly roofing and waterproofing, appeal to him most, because “if you have a beautiful building, but the roof leaks – you have a problem.” The Vance Courthouse project, a classic Federal era building, is a favorite project of John’s, though he also fondly remembers the museums, zoos, ambassador residences, and government institutions he has worked on. It was a true collaboration with the contractor where John got to roll up his sleeves and solve problems.
- Texas A&M University, Master of Architecture, Certificate in Historic Preservation, 2000
- Miami University, Bachelor of Environmental Design, Minor in Landscape Architecture, 1997
- American Institute of Architects
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards
- National Parks Conservation Association
- Texas A&M Center for Heritage Conservation