As both an architect and interior designer, Katie strives to create a cohesion between the two. For the YUMA Study Center, she created a respectful design for the interiors, referencing and enhancing the existing moldings and millwork while also studying the neighborhood, making the most contextually-appropriate addition to the historic building’s brick exterior. She volunteers for APTI, focusing on historic preservation technology, as well as Bohol Restoration Group, which helps to restore the Spanish colonial churches that were destroyed by an earthquake and a typhoon in the Philippines.
- University of Maryland - Master of Architecture, Certificate in Historic Preservation, 2001
- University of Maryland - Bachelor of Science, Architecture, 1999
- University of Maryland - Bachelor of Arts, Art History, 1999
- American Institute of Architects
- Society of Architecture Historians
- National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Interior Design Continuing Education Council Inc.
- Association for Preservation Technology
- International Interior Design Association