An accomplished professional with diverse skills, Kristen Nyht enjoys navigating and resolving complex architectural and urban planning challenges. She brings a clear vision, inventive design concepts, and a deep technical proficiency to each project. Kristen has designed and managed many high-profile buildings for higher education, commercial, and institutional clients; and has been recognized for creating spaces that successfully balance context and function while meeting strict project parameters.
Kristen’s passion for architecture, which dates to her childhood, extends to her active leadership in the design profession. She currently serves as President-elect at AIA Michigan, where she has volunteered for the past 7 years. Her community service and advocacy work has included Michigan’s Legacy Land Conservancy, the City of Ann Arbor Planning Commission, and the West Grand Boulevard Collaborative.
- University of Michigan, Master of Architecture and Urban Planning, 1999
- University of Michigan, Bachelor of Science in Architecture, Bachelor of Arts in Japanese Language, 1996
- American Institute of Architects
- American Planning Association
- US Green Building Council