Steve assumes many leadership roles at QEA and is passionate about maintaining our heritage for the next generation through the stewardship of historic buildings, parks, and cultural resources. His expertise is focused on research into original building attributes and the highly technical solutions that preservation requires. He particularly enjoys working on visitor centers and notes the rehabilitation of the Monroe Elementary School historic site, part of the Brown v. Board of Education desegregation case, as a career highlight and an honor to work on.
“We are helping to sustain and restore the cultural heritage of the country.”
- University of Michigan, Master of Architecture, 1982;
- Iowa State University, B.S. in Architecture, 1974 and M.B.A., 1977
- American Institute of Architects
- National Trust for Historic Preservation
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards