Steven Spurlock brings a fresh, resourceful vision to each project he designs, and is widely regarded for unlocking the potential of aging properties with creativity and economy. He leads a diverse range of projects for Quinn Evans Architects, including embassies, art galleries, retail showrooms, commercial buildings, educational facilities, and residences.
Steven is active with the AIA at a national level and has also championed the profession in the Washington region through his work with the AIA’s Washington, DC, chapter and the Washington Architectural Foundation. He led the effort to create and fund the District Architecture Center and has been a leader in the regional historic preservation community.
“I like a good problem, and I’m a consensus builder.”
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Bachelor of Architecture, 1978
- Architectural Association School of Architecture, London, 1977
- College of Fellows, American Institute of Architects
- Maryland Association of Historic Preservation Commission
- Montgomery County Historic Preservation Commission
- Washington Architectural Foundation
- Lambda Alpha International