The ornate aesthetics of this 1942 classical revival style diplomatic residence were restored as part of a modernization program.
This design-build project focused on the historic architectural fabric of the interior including ornamental plaster, cast iron railings and historic light fixtures to revitalize the grandeur of the mansion. Restorative work includes modern interpretation of the original paint schemes within major interior spaces such as the grand stair foyer, library, parlor, salon, dining room, and Ambassador’s private rooms. HVAC and electrical system replacement and improvements to the building infrastructure were integrated into the work. Ongoing work supports museum-quality display of art and artifacts as well as plumbing and landscape improvements.