Charles Piper has been serving higher education clients for more than 25 years. He is among the profession’s national leaders in campus planning and the design of facilities for academics, performing arts, athletics, and student life. His award-winning portfolio includes dozens of projects for a diverse group of colleges and universities, comprising distinctive new buildings as well as complex renovations and modernizations of iconic historic properties.
Charles is highly regarded for his thoughtful approach to the planning process, and his ability to navigate the diverse programming objectives of faculty members and administrators. With every project, he aspires to create transformative places that build connections, inspire, and enrich the educational experience.
“It’s rewarding to create great campus environments, where students want to gather and interact in a collegiate community.”
- University of Maryland, Master of Architecture, 1989
- Clemson University, BS in Design, 1986
- American Institute of Architects
- AIA Virginia
- AIA Richmond
- Society for College and University Planning (SCUP)
- CultureWorks, Board Member
- Communities in Schools, Chesterfield County, Board Member - Immediate Past Board Chair Leadership