As President of Quinn Evans Architects, Larry provides leadership that promotes a sense of responsibility reflective of the pedigree of the firm’s portfolio. He advocates innovation and inspires design quality at all levels.
Larry thrives when working on cultural heritage projects such as performing arts spaces and museums. As a creative thinker, he appreciates these environments for their ability to provide a special forum for the interaction between art, the artists, and the viewing audience. Larry is proud that, in many cases, QEA is able to truly transform buildings while strengthening their connection with people.
“Fundamentally architects are optimists, we are always trying to be aspirational in what we do”
- University of Michigan, Master of Architecture, 1982
- University of Michigan, Bachelor of Science in Architecture, 1980
- College of Fellows, American Institute of Architects
Larry's Recent Mentions
- President of QEA, Larry Barr Elevated to AIA College of Fellows
- Smithsonian Institution Announces National Air and Space Museum Grand Renovation
- QEA Project at Kennedy Center Featured by the Washington Post
- The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts’ Terrace Theater Reopens Following Modernization